From the desk of Tom Bruni @BruniCharting
Today will be a “big” day for markets as the Federal Reserve will announce their decision on the new target Federal Funds Rate.
Currently, markets are pricing in a roughly 80% chance of a 25bp cut and a 20% chance of a 50bp cut. This means market participants have assigned 0% odds to rates remaining where they are after today’s meeting.
We’ve been pretty clear over the last few months about where we stand regarding the different asset classes, so there’s not much left to do other than wait and see how prices settle by the end of the week.
With that said, here are a few charts we’re watching through Friday’s close.