Weekends With Pearls and Allstarcharts
- Posted by JC Parets
- on September 28th, 2013
We had quite the downside follow through this week after a pretty scary reversal post-fomc announcement. The last thing the bulls wanted to see was more selling to leave last week’s candle wick sticking out like that. Today we take a look at the Dow Jones Industrial Average weekly chart and compared it to some relative strength we’re seeing in the Russell2000. Although we’re holding on to all-time highs in the small-caps, the indecisive nature of their candlesticks the last few weeks is worrisome.
After taking a look at European Banks and US 10yr Yields, we finish up by comparing US Sectors, specifically the strength in Discretionaries & Industrials and weakness in Financials & Staples.
I hope you enjoy this week’s video!
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- Are Utilities Breaking Out Relative to S&Ps?
- A Non-Random Walk Through Canadian Dollars
- Fox Business: Retail Stocks & Government Shutdowns
- United Technologies Breaks Out vs S&P500!
- Latin America Hits 9-Year Lows vs Emerging Markets
- My One-On-One Interview With CEO.CA
- What’s There Not To Like About REITs?
- ABC News: Do We Buy Gold or other Metals?
- What Are The Best Sectors In America?
- Fox Business: Metals and Treasury Bonds
Archive by Year