Weekends With Pearls and Allstarcharts
- Posted by JC Parets
- on September 28th, 2013
We had quite the downside follow through this week after a pretty scary reversal post-fomc announcement. The last thing the bulls wanted to see was more selling to leave last week’s candle wick sticking out like that. Today we take a look at the Dow Jones Industrial Average weekly chart and compared it to some relative strength we’re seeing in the Russell2000. Although we’re holding on to all-time highs in the small-caps, the indecisive nature of their candlesticks the last few weeks is worrisome.
After taking a look at European Banks and US 10yr Yields, we finish up by comparing US Sectors, specifically the strength in Discretionaries & Industrials and weakness in Financials & Staples.
I hope you enjoy this week’s video!
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- Look What Mid-Caps are Doing
- Fox Business: Crude Oil and Japan
- Webinar Tuesday November 18th: Technical Analysis to Find Global Stock Market Trends
- Radio: Winning On Wall Street – Stocks & Bonds
- Why Economists Will Get Bonds Wrong Again
- Palladium Is Still The Best of the Metals
- Mean Reversion Coming In Energy Futures?
- A Breakdown of the US Dollar Index
- About That Bear Market In Russia
- Featured in November Issue of Traders’ Magazine
Archive by Year