Mid-Caps & Small-Caps at All-time highs
- Posted by JC Parets
- on January 3rd, 2013
Who needs large caps?
People don’t want to hear about the S&P Mid-Cap 400. They want to know where the Dow at. Small-Cap 600 Index? No idea what that is. Can we talk about $AAPL? How come it hasn’t been going up? It’s half my portfolio.
These are standard conversations these days. And we have to love that. This is what makes the market awesome. There are indexes all over the globe that people have no idea even exist. Philippines? Thrilla in Manila right? Yup – also making all-time highs. Mexico? All-time highs. Thailand? All-time highs.
Here in the states, Small-Caps and Mid-Caps are doing big things. I think we should pay attention:
To me this says a lot about equities as an asset class. The theoretically “riskier” areas like smaller caps and international names are racing higher. China’s been doing their part, as we hoped they would 2 months ago. Same with Japan. Now let’s see if Large Caps in the US can follow through.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- These Are My Favorite Follows on Stocktwits
- Technical Analysis Only Looks At The Past….
- An Open Letter About Today’s Market Environment 11-24-15
- What Is The Value Line Index Telling Us?
- We Don’t Live In An Average World
- Flat 200 Day Moving Averages Create Headaches
- An Open Letter About Today’s Market Environment
- Why Airlines Are Ready For Another Leg Lower
- Is FANG This Cycle’s Four Horsemen?
- Why I Like To Feed The Ducks When I Can
Archive by Year