Mid-Caps & Small-Caps at All-time highs
- Posted by JC Parets
- on January 3rd, 2013
Who needs large caps?
People don’t want to hear about the S&P Mid-Cap 400. They want to know where the Dow at. Small-Cap 600 Index? No idea what that is. Can we talk about $AAPL? How come it hasn’t been going up? It’s half my portfolio.
These are standard conversations these days. And we have to love that. This is what makes the market awesome. There are indexes all over the globe that people have no idea even exist. Philippines? Thrilla in Manila right? Yup – also making all-time highs. Mexico? All-time highs. Thailand? All-time highs.
Here in the states, Small-Caps and Mid-Caps are doing big things. I think we should pay attention:
To me this says a lot about equities as an asset class. The theoretically “riskier” areas like smaller caps and international names are racing higher. China’s been doing their part, as we hoped they would 2 months ago. Same with Japan. Now let’s see if Large Caps in the US can follow through.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- About That Flattening Yield Curve
- Important Reversal Patterns Take Time
- Video: The Rise of Charting in Social Media
- YUM Brands & China Are 2 Different Things
- This Base in Cotton Looks Ready To Go
- Let’s Talk About “Sell in May and Go Away”
- About That Monster Base In Heating Oil
- Money Rotates Into Late Cycle Names
- Why Energy Is Better Than Technology
- Top 10 Most Ridiculous Names For Japanese Candlesticks
Archive by Year