- Posted by JC Parets on October 21st, 2014 at 10:51 am
Over the last month or so I’ve put together a few webinars where I’ve gone over our research process. We like to view markets from the top/down looking at them structurally, and then working our way down to specific themes based on price, sentiment and intermarket relationships. My favorite part about what we do is that we’re not focused on just the Dow Jones Industrial Average, like so many do. For us, this is just one asset in one country of an infinite amount out there.
Wednesday October 22 at 4:30 I will be hosting a live event where we will go over how I look at the market and what I currently find interesting out there. For us, it’s not about page views and selling commercials. We don’t care if we’re buying AAPL, shorting Gold, Buying Brazil or Shorting Treasury Bonds. This is all just tickers and math for me. We don’t have to be sexy. We just look for risk/reward opportunities that are skewed in our favor. That’s really the only thing that matters.
Register here for the live event. Seating is limited, so make sure and register before it fills up. The last few webinars have filled up very quickly. And those were more about explaining the process. In this one we’ll actually take a look at current themes and opportunities:
- Technical analysis on Global Equities; comparing stock markets from different continents and regions around the world.
- Commodities: Energy, Agriculture & Metals – Analyzing the extreme shifts in Sentiment
- Currencies: What can we learn from different currency pairs? Are there money making opportunities? Can we gather information from these crosses?
- US Stocks and Sectors: What can we learn from the 30 Dow Components, both individually and in aggregate? How are sectors rotating and how can we benefit from it?
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.
Was That A Failed Breakout in the US Dollar?
Posted by JC Parets on October 20th, 2014 at 1:25 pm
One of my favorite things about the market is watching sentiment shift from extreme bearish levels to extreme bullish levels after price has already made […]
Radio: Larry Kofsky & JC Parets from NYSE
Posted by JC Parets on October 17th, 2014 at 2:09 pm
Friday morning I was down at the New York Stock Exchange chatting with Larry Kofsky about the recent pickup in volatility and ups and downs […]
This Chart Still Suggests Buying Bonds and Selling Stocks
Posted by JC Parets on October 16th, 2014 at 3:23 pm
With the recent hoopla surrounding the bond market and stock market these days, I think it’s important to take a step back and really put […]
Fox Business: US Stocks Are Heading Lower
Posted by JC Parets on October 16th, 2014 at 7:38 am
On Wednesday I was over at the Fox Business studios chatting with David Asman and Liz Claman about the US Stock Market. As you guys […]
S&P500 Breaks the 2009 Uptrend Line
Posted by JC Parets on October 15th, 2014 at 12:17 pm
While everyone is worried about the invisible line that is the 200 day moving average (see here), today the S&P500 is actually breaking real levels. […]
The Bond Market Still Says: “Sell Stocks”
Posted by JC Parets on October 14th, 2014 at 2:40 pm
The bond market has been warning us all year to be skeptical of these new highs in the large-cap stock market indexes. The majority of […]
Discretionary vs Staples Ratio Breaks 2009 Uptrend Line
Posted by JC Parets on October 14th, 2014 at 11:41 am
Of all of the bearish developments lately in the US Stock Market, there is one important ratio that seems to be getting ignored. The spread […]
What the 200 Period Moving Average Means to Me
Posted by JC Parets on October 13th, 2014 at 1:33 pm
We’ve been hearing a lot about this 200 day moving average recently since the S&P500 is currently right around it. You read about it in […]
Regional Banks Are Breaking Down Hard
Posted by JC Parets on October 12th, 2014 at 8:51 pm
Regional banks are a space that I’ve been watching very closely for several months. The underperformance out of this sector has been atrocious, which is […]
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) in 2008 and now actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice More
- Webinar: Technical Analysis To Find Profitable Opportunities Around the World
- Was That A Failed Breakout in the US Dollar?
- Radio: Larry Kofsky & JC Parets from NYSE
- This Chart Still Suggests Buying Bonds and Selling Stocks
- Fox Business: US Stocks Are Heading Lower
- S&P500 Breaks the 2009 Uptrend Line
- The Bond Market Still Says: “Sell Stocks”
- Discretionary vs Staples Ratio Breaks 2009 Uptrend Line
- What the 200 Period Moving Average Means to Me
- Regional Banks Are Breaking Down Hard
Archive by Year