From the Desk of Kimmy Sokoloff
This morning $SPY broke below its 200-day moving average at 395.50 and then managed to come back above it.
It shrugged off $MSFT’s earnings report last night.
I call it the comeback kid!
Here are today’s trades:
- I bought $SHOP on Dec. 2 at 44.51, bought more on Jan. 4 at 35.70, sold half at 39.40 and the rest today at 44.98.
- I bought $MSFT at 232.11 and sold at 232.90.
- I bought $MSFT at 238.55 and sold at 239.58.
- I bought $ZM at 66.98 and sold at 68. I still have my original shares as well. This was a trade.
- I bought $KLAC at 415.50 and sold at 416.50.
- I bought $MNST at 103.12 and sold at 103.30. It wasn’t moving; I’ll revisit this name.
I also called out $TMUS at 146.50 with a target of 147.50, $SNOW at 141 for a move to 143 (I did take the trade before I stepped away), $SPY at 396 for gap-fill at 397.60, and $AMD at 72.90 for a move to 73.40.
Some STPers took all four.
I booked one loser today:
- I bought $LMT at 455.45 and sold at 448.50. I should have stayed with it.
I have an open long position in $ZM and open short positions in $NKE, $RBLX, and $NFLX.
Look for the Morning Briefing on Thursday.
And please reach out with any questions.
All Star Charts Team