Where Are Bonds Going?
- Posted by JC Parets
- on February 13th, 2013
This is a big question that I ask myself when I walk into work every morning. What are we going to do with Treasury Bonds? I mean, they’ve been a short since they broke down late last year. But what about now?
Here is a chart of US Treasury 10-year note yields. The rally in yields continued through the end of January in this nice clean uptrend channel stalling right around the 61.8% Fibonacci Retracement of last year’s decline. Notice the RSI divergence in the summer that helped kick-start the move.
I think if you get the bond trade right, it should help the others fall into place. The question here becomes, do yields stall here at this key Fib retracemenet level and break trendline support? Or has this 2 week consolidation been the rest before the next move higher in yields?
This is going to be a big one to watch
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- Fox Business: Internet & Social Media Stocks
- About That Breakout In The New York Stock Exchange Composite
- Audio: Benzinga Morning Radio Show 2-26-15
- My Favorite Gap And Go Setup in Real Time
- Free Talk At The New York Traders Expo
- Are Social Media Stocks About To Break Out?
- BNN Appearance: Internet Stocks & Natural Gas
- Here’s Why I Like Healthcare
- Video: Chart Requests From The Community
- Audio: Benzinga Morning Radio Show 2-19-15
Archive by Year