The European Beta Trade
- Posted by JC Parets
- on December 10th, 2012
I don’t care who you are – Europe looks good. It’s probably not what you might overhear at a cocktail party, which we think is a good thing. But everyone loves to hate on Europe, so we’ll give them some love.
But the way we look at it is that if these big guys are heading that much higher, what about the little guys? In other words, if the better names do well, then the less “quality” / higher beta countries should do that much better right? There are plenty of examples, but let’s look at two of them quickly:
Austria’s high’s last year are over 40% from current levels:
How about Italy? 60% away from those highs:
Something to think about…
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- Are Utilities Breaking Out Relative to S&Ps?
- A Non-Random Walk Through Canadian Dollars
- Fox Business: Retail Stocks & Government Shutdowns
- United Technologies Breaks Out vs S&P500!
- Latin America Hits 9-Year Lows vs Emerging Markets
- My One-On-One Interview With CEO.CA
- What’s There Not To Like About REITs?
- ABC News: Do We Buy Gold or other Metals?
- What Are The Best Sectors In America?
- Fox Business: Metals and Treasury Bonds
Archive by Year