The European Beta Trade
- Posted by JC Parets
- on December 10th, 2012
I don’t care who you are – Europe looks good. It’s probably not what you might overhear at a cocktail party, which we think is a good thing. But everyone loves to hate on Europe, so we’ll give them some love.
But the way we look at it is that if these big guys are heading that much higher, what about the little guys? In other words, if the better names do well, then the less “quality” / higher beta countries should do that much better right? There are plenty of examples, but let’s look at two of them quickly:
Austria’s high’s last year are over 40% from current levels:
How about Italy? 60% away from those highs:
Something to think about…
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Bull Market Fridays With Pearls
- Bullish Sentiment Drops At All-Time Highs
- Price Targets In Unchartered Territory
- Why Hong Kong Has My Attention
- Are We Seeing Rotation or What?
- Interview With Technician Mark Arbeter
- Weekly Wrap Up With Dr. Phil
- This Pattern Has Been Working
- Can Gasoline Prices Rally From Here?
- Charting Live on CNBC Fast Money
Archive by Year