From the Desk of Kimmy Sokoloff
It was very whippy price action today in individual names.
We saw a lot of stop outs in the morning, then some recovery later on.
Here are today’s trades:
- I shorted $MS on Jan. 17 at 96 and 98.04 covered some at 97 and the rest today at 95.02.
- I bought $GOOGL at 91.79 and sold at 92.48.
- I shorted $KLAC at 408 and covered at 406.50.
- I bought $TGT at 159.38 and sold at 159.98.
- I bought $SPY at 389.07 and sold at 389.57. I sold way too soon.
I booked the following losers:
- I bought $NVDA at 170.86 and sold at 170.
- I bought $SQ at 71.16 and sold at 70.81.
- I shorted $GE on Jan. 11 at 76.30 and covered today at 78.24. I covered too early; I was worried about earnings next week.
I have an open long position in in $SHOP and open short positions in $NKE and $RBLX.
$SPY held the 386 level nicely and started to bounce right before lunch time. It worked its way back to gap fill from yesterday’s low at 391.28.
Look for the Morning Briefing on Friday.
And please reach out with any questions.
All Star Charts Team