Worst Time in Presidential Cycle Begins Now
- Posted by JC Parets
- on August 15th, 2013
The four year presidential cycle is something that we take very seriously. Readers of the blog know we discuss it every so often just to get an idea of where we are. This time, the timing of the post is a bit more strategic. You see, of the entire 4 year cycle, we are about to enter what is by far the worst period. If history is any indication of what’s to come, the next 13 months should look nothing like the last 13.
Here is a composite S&P500 chart of the last 21 Presidential Cycles taking us back to 1928. Coming into the month, seasonality clearly points to a near term top, one that could potentially last until a bottom next Fall:
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- Are Utilities Breaking Out Relative to S&Ps?
- A Non-Random Walk Through Canadian Dollars
- Fox Business: Retail Stocks & Government Shutdowns
- United Technologies Breaks Out vs S&P500!
- Latin America Hits 9-Year Lows vs Emerging Markets
- My One-On-One Interview With CEO.CA
- What’s There Not To Like About REITs?
- ABC News: Do We Buy Gold or other Metals?
- What Are The Best Sectors In America?
- Fox Business: Metals and Treasury Bonds
Archive by Year