Will Cyclicals Finally Break Out vs Staples?
- Posted by JC Parets
- on June 3rd, 2013
We’ve been watching this particular pair consolidate for over three years now. Cyclicals vs Staples bottomed out in November of 2008, several months before the S&P500 and Dow Jones Industrials put in their epic bottom in March. This, to us, was a sign that the internals of the market were strengthening before the price action inevitably confirmed it.
As we approach this resistance, we have seen a series of higher lows that goes back all the way to summer of 2010. This tells us that with each dip, the buyers have been less and less patient. That’s a good thing. Coming into this week, the pair is so far holding above the 2011 peak that coincides with the highs in January of this year. As long as we’re on top of this resistance, this pair could have some legs coming out of this multi-year base.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- Are Utilities Breaking Out Relative to S&Ps?
- A Non-Random Walk Through Canadian Dollars
- Fox Business: Retail Stocks & Government Shutdowns
- United Technologies Breaks Out vs S&P500!
- Latin America Hits 9-Year Lows vs Emerging Markets
- My One-On-One Interview With CEO.CA
- What’s There Not To Like About REITs?
- ABC News: Do We Buy Gold or other Metals?
- What Are The Best Sectors In America?
- Fox Business: Metals and Treasury Bonds
Archive by Year