The 12 Charts of Christmas from CitiFX
- Posted by JC Parets
- on December 14th, 2012
The folks at CitiFX are out with their annual 12 charts of Christmas. In their view, the intention of these charts is to establish a ‘starting point’ for views as we head into 2013. There’s a lot of juice in this presentation. Here are a few of the bullet points via zerohedge:
What do we believe for 2013?
- Initial claims will follow a similar path to that seen in the 1970s and begin to move higher in 2013. This will be the first indication that further trouble lies ahead. The 2’s – 5’s curve will eventually move higher also but not before posting one last move down.
- U.S. 10 year yields will have one final push down towards 1%-1.2% at which point they could bounce up like a “beach ball let go underwater”.
- EURUSD will fall towards 1.20 in Q1 2013 and possibly even 1.10-15 with parity a real possibility in 2 years. We also expect a rally on the USD Index this year of about 15% which suggests that this move will be predominately driven by EURUSD (57.6% of the USD-Index).
- USDJPY will eventually move higher as the interest rate dynamic kicks in and we would not be surprised to see a move into the low 90s over the course of the year.
- We expect Gold to move to $2,055 -$2,060 in the first quarter of 2013 a and ultimately a rally towards $2,400 in 2013.
- Crude Oil (Brent) should rally to the 2011/2012 highs around $125 and possibly move to all time highs in 2013.
- The DJIA will drop over 20% towards the 10,000-10,500 area.
A couple of the charts that I found interesting (click to embiggen):
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Radio: Winning On Wall Street 7/28/14
- BNN Appearance: Relative Strength in Coal Stocks
- This Coal Breakout Looks Like It’s For Real
- Register Now For Access To All Of Our Charts
- Rates Can Take A Long Time To Bottom
- Are Coal Stocks Poised for an Epic Breakout?
- Small Caps Act Poorly On a Relative Basis
- Bond Market Keeps Diverging With Stocks
- The Worst Possible Time to Own Gasoline
- Momentum Monday with Howard Lindzon
Archive by Year