Stocks or Commodities???
- Posted by JC Parets
- on January 30th, 2013
When we look at the various asset classes, we want to ask ourselves where we’d rather be? Bonds? Stocks? Commodities?
Today’s chart of the day has to be the S&P500 vs CRB Index. To me, it looks like we’re at a critical level of resistance where (for now) it appears that the smarter direction to lean is towards commodities.
We’ll let prices guide us from here of course. A big piece of the $CRB index is in Oil. So let’s keep that in mind. Also, a bunch of these Ags have started to look attractive, so it makes sense to us. Meanwhile, the Transports, Small-caps and Mid-caps that led Stocks higher over the last few months have been diverging negatively vs the S&P500 and Dow Industrials.
Something to think about…
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Money Rotates Into Late Cycle Names
- Why Energy Is Better Than Technology
- Top 10 Most Ridiculous Names For Japanese Candlesticks
- MOO is Looking Beefy These Days
- Energy Looks Intriguing On A Relative Basis
- The 10% & 20% Correction Levels Are Completely Irrelevant
- TIPS Are Greatly Appreciated
- Russia Fails At Former Support
- I love Big Bases And You Should Too
- The Trend Channel Everyone Is Watching
Archive by Year