Stocks or Commodities???
- Posted by JC Parets
- on January 30th, 2013
When we look at the various asset classes, we want to ask ourselves where we’d rather be? Bonds? Stocks? Commodities?
Today’s chart of the day has to be the S&P500 vs CRB Index. To me, it looks like we’re at a critical level of resistance where (for now) it appears that the smarter direction to lean is towards commodities.
We’ll let prices guide us from here of course. A big piece of the $CRB index is in Oil. So let’s keep that in mind. Also, a bunch of these Ags have started to look attractive, so it makes sense to us. Meanwhile, the Transports, Small-caps and Mid-caps that led Stocks higher over the last few months have been diverging negatively vs the S&P500 and Dow Industrials.
Something to think about…
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- The Chart The Whole World Is Watching
- Crude Oil To $70 In the Second Quarter?
- Fox Business: Social Media Stocks Break Out
- CNN Money MarketMadness Stock Challenge
- Social Media Stocks Are On Fire
- About That Outperformance From The Dow Jones Transportation Average
- Some Thoughts On The US Dollar
- Small-Caps Could Be Emerging As New Leaders
- Taking The Time And Avoiding Shortcuts
- Is Twitter Stock About to Break Out?
Archive by Year