S&P500 & Euro Positively Correlated
- Posted by JC Parets
- on October 26th, 2011
Are you looking for clues about the next big move in stock market? It might not be a bad idea to follow the Euro. Take a look at the correlation between $SPY and $FXE going back a little over a month (30-min timeframes):
Equities are ripping this morning, but Euro weakness is telling us that something might be wrong. Both $SPY and $FXE are running into former support from this summer. This support appears to be turning into a resistance for $FXE.
Will $SPY follow?
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) in 2008 and now actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice More
- FOX Business: Precious Metals and JC Penney
- Aerospace & Defense is Consolidating Nicely
- Is That A Head & Shoulders Pattern In XOP?
- Is JC Penney Setting Up For Another Leg Higher?
- Audio: Q&A on Benzinga Morning Show
- A Look At Energy On Multiple Timeframes
- Yahoo Runs Into Historic Overhead Supply
- Join Me On Benzinga’s PreMarket Prep Show 9/16 9AM ET
- Semiconductors Selloff After Failed Breakout
- Tesla Breaks Down From Traditionally Bullish Pennant
Archive by Year