S&P500 & Euro Positively Correlated
- Posted by JC Parets
- on October 26th, 2011
Are you looking for clues about the next big move in stock market? It might not be a bad idea to follow the Euro. Take a look at the correlation between $SPY and $FXE going back a little over a month (30-min timeframes):
Equities are ripping this morning, but Euro weakness is telling us that something might be wrong. Both $SPY and $FXE are running into former support from this summer. This support appears to be turning into a resistance for $FXE.
Will $SPY follow?
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- About Those Consolidations in US Averages
- The Nifty 50 Hits All-time Highs, Now What?
- Thinking Out Loud In Mid-January
- Is Malaysia Where We Want To Be This Year?
- Wait For Your Pitch!
- ABC News: Home Builders Rally To Start 2015
- BNN Appearance: Crude Oil, Bonds and Homebuilders
- Will Real Estate Be The Big Winner In Q1?
- Bonds Continue To Outperform Stocks
- FOX Business: US Stocks & Crude Oil for 2015
Archive by Year