S&P500 & Euro Positively Correlated
- Posted by JC Parets
- on October 26th, 2011
Are you looking for clues about the next big move in stock market? It might not be a bad idea to follow the Euro. Take a look at the correlation between $SPY and $FXE going back a little over a month (30-min timeframes):
Equities are ripping this morning, but Euro weakness is telling us that something might be wrong. Both $SPY and $FXE are running into former support from this summer. This support appears to be turning into a resistance for $FXE.
Will $SPY follow?
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Taking Advance/Decline Line A Step Further
- What To Get Your Chartist For The Holidays
- Weekends With Allstar and Pearlman
- Why Is It Always About What You’re Buying?
- Video: JC Parets Presents At Duke University
- The Three C’s of December Seasonality
- Investment Managers Are Leveraged Long
- Tom Fitzpatrick in NYC December 16th
- Weekends With Phil Pearlman & JC Parets
- The Difference Between Technician & Chartist
Archive by Year