Should We Be Worried About The Truckers?
- Posted by JC Parets
- on August 2nd, 2012
The Dow Theorists are flipping out.
What this group wants to see is the Dow Jones Transportation Average make new highs whenever the Dow Jones Industrial Average takes out a previous peak. Dow Theory states that they need to confirm each other. In an uptrend both should be making new highs, and when one doesn’t, there’s a problem. Same thing in a down trend – when one average makes a new low, the other should follow. If there is a divergence, it’s considered a positive.
So this Spring, when the Dow Industrials took out their 2011 highs, we were waiting for the Transports to confirm. They never did.
Today I wanted to look at a chart of just the Truckers vs the Dow Jones Industrials Average to show just how weak this space looks right now:
So should we be worried about what the truckers are telling us?
I think so.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Is This Crude Oil Breakout For Real?
- Bull Market Fridays With Pearls
- Bullish Sentiment Drops At All-Time Highs
- Price Targets In Unchartered Territory
- Why Hong Kong Has My Attention
- Are We Seeing Rotation or What?
- Interview With Technician Mark Arbeter
- Weekly Wrap Up With Dr. Phil
- This Pattern Has Been Working
- Can Gasoline Prices Rally From Here?
Archive by Year