Russell 2000 Testing Important Support
- Posted by JC Parets
- on June 15th, 2011
The Russell 2000 is down to some pretty important support levels. This Small-Cap index is testing levels where buyers last showed up in March. That rally took the Russell2000 ($IWM) up 12% in about 6 weeks. The previous rally that started from these same levels in January took the Russell up almost 9% in less than a month. Now just because the buyers came with a vengeance in the past doesn’t mean they are going to show up this time. This is just a potential area that we want to watch a little closer to see if the buyers come. If they do, and we will know soon, it can set up for a nice trade with a pretty decent risk/reward.
The upward-sloping 200 day Moving average is right here also. These moving averages often act as a magnet for stocks. So again, just another reason to watch these levels a little closer. The problems start when these levels are breached. Broken Support here could lead to lower lows for the $IWM with next support levels around $74.00. I also would not be surprised to see a little consolidation at these current levels before a rally.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- Canadian Dollars Are About To Explode Higher
- Gold Looks Ready For Its Next Leg Lower
- Video: Technical Analysis Webinar by JC Parets
- Is Yen Setting Up For An Epic Rally?
- Emerging Markets Are Still A Problem
- Find Your Edge: The Autumn 2015 AlphaShark Trading Symposium with a Presentation by J.C. Parets
- Can Financials Correct 30% From Their Highs?
- Overhead Supply in the Dow Components
- Overhead Supply in Healthcare & Biotech
- Thinking Out Loud Heading Into Q4
Archive by Year