Rallies After Massive Bear Markets
- Posted by JC Parets
- on April 20th, 2012
This is a great chart.
The good folks at ChartOfTheDay.com define a ‘massive’ bear market as a decline of greater than 50%. There are four of these bear market rallies plotted below: the 1932 Dow Rally, 1942 Dow Rally, 2002 Nasdaq Rally and of course the current rally in the Dow from the 2009 lows.
“The current Dow rally has followed a somewhat middle of the road path and has followed the post dot-com bust rally of the Nasdaq that began back in 2002 fairly closely — especially over the past year. If the current rally were to continue to follow the post-massive bear market rally pattern, the market would have to work its way higher during much of the remainder of 2012.”
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Weekends With Allstar and Pearlman
- Why Is It Always About What You’re Buying?
- Video: JC Parets Presents At Duke University
- The Three C’s of December Seasonality
- Investment Managers Are Leveraged Long
- Tom Fitzpatrick in NYC December 16th
- Weekends With Phil Pearlman & JC Parets
- The Difference Between Technician & Chartist
- Remember What This Is All About
- The Forest To Trees Approach
Archive by Year