Polarity Could Be A Problem For S&Ps
- Posted by JC Parets
- on November 29th, 2012
It’s show me time for the S&P500. If you remember, 1420 was the key support level that we were watching six weeks ago. We said that as long as the buyers held on to that price, the path of least resistance was higher. Unfortunately for US Stock market bulls, that support broke and the correction was on. We saw another 5.5% to the downside after that.
But here we are closing out the month of November and the S&P500 is approaching that level once again. As technicians we have to recognize that the former support at 1420 should serve as some resistance. How much so, and how long it could take to recover 1420 is still to be seen.
Here is the chart showing the level we’re watching:
This is why I think it’s show me time for the S&P500. You held on to the 61.8% Fibonacci Retracement from the rally off the June lows – great. You got back above the 200-day moving average and retested it successfully – great. Now prove to us that you can recover those key 1420 levels and continue to march forward in this bull market. That sort of strength would tell us a lot about equities as an asset class.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Radio: Winning On Wall Street 7/28/14
- BNN Appearance: Relative Strength in Coal Stocks
- This Coal Breakout Looks Like It’s For Real
- Register Now For Access To All Of Our Charts
- Rates Can Take A Long Time To Bottom
- Are Coal Stocks Poised for an Epic Breakout?
- Small Caps Act Poorly On a Relative Basis
- Bond Market Keeps Diverging With Stocks
- The Worst Possible Time to Own Gasoline
- Momentum Monday with Howard Lindzon
Archive by Year