Nominal House Prices
- Posted by JC Parets
- on April 14th, 2011
There is an old saying amongst technicians that goes:
“Bottom Fishing Can be Very Hazardous to your Wealth”
This is a theme we will always talk about on Allstarcharts. I think we need to keep this in mind regardless of what asset class we’re looking at. Calculated Risk does a great job of putting together several of the housing price indexes all in one chart. It looks to me like House Prices are still falling off a cliff.
The chart shows the quarterly Case-Shiller National Index (through Q4 2010), the monthly Case-Shiller Composite 20 (through January release) and CoreLogic House Price Indexes (through February release) in nominal terms (as reported).
You can read the rest of the article at Calculated Risk:
Case Shiller 100 year chart recently updated at the BigPicture
Never own a home again by James Altucher
10 reasons why real estate won’t recover for years at Seeking Alpha
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Talking Markets With Joe Fahmy
- Is This Crude Oil Breakout For Real?
- Bull Market Fridays With Pearls
- Bullish Sentiment Drops At All-Time Highs
- Price Targets In Unchartered Territory
- Why Hong Kong Has My Attention
- Are We Seeing Rotation or What?
- Interview With Technician Mark Arbeter
- Weekly Wrap Up With Dr. Phil
- This Pattern Has Been Working
Archive by Year