Net New Highs Are Soaring
- Posted by JC Parets
- on September 14th, 2012
Remember right after Labor Day when we were waiting for Net New Highs to stop declining? Wow that feels like a century ago. Just a couple of days after we were complaining that the internals weren’t confirming the new highs in price, boom – net new highs start to breakout. Right on cue.
At the time, we were worried that the divergence we were seeing was way too similar to what we saw in the Spring, just before the market corrected sharply. But, “no sir, not this time”, said Mr. Market. Take a look at the breakout in new highs just after our post that has certainly continued throughout this week.
And if you’ve been watching some of those sectors that were underperforming this summer, you don’t really even need to look at this chart. You can easily see the financials, Industrials and some of these other weak links no longer lagging.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Taking Advance/Decline Line A Step Further
- What To Get Your Chartist For The Holidays
- Weekends With Allstar and Pearlman
- Why Is It Always About What You’re Buying?
- Video: JC Parets Presents At Duke University
- The Three C’s of December Seasonality
- Investment Managers Are Leveraged Long
- Tom Fitzpatrick in NYC December 16th
- Weekends With Phil Pearlman & JC Parets
- The Difference Between Technician & Chartist
Archive by Year