Net New Highs Are Soaring
- Posted by JC Parets
- on September 14th, 2012
Remember right after Labor Day when we were waiting for Net New Highs to stop declining? Wow that feels like a century ago. Just a couple of days after we were complaining that the internals weren’t confirming the new highs in price, boom – net new highs start to breakout. Right on cue.
At the time, we were worried that the divergence we were seeing was way too similar to what we saw in the Spring, just before the market corrected sharply. But, “no sir, not this time”, said Mr. Market. Take a look at the breakout in new highs just after our post that has certainly continued throughout this week.
And if you’ve been watching some of those sectors that were underperforming this summer, you don’t really even need to look at this chart. You can easily see the financials, Industrials and some of these other weak links no longer lagging.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Is This Crude Oil Breakout For Real?
- Bull Market Fridays With Pearls
- Bullish Sentiment Drops At All-Time Highs
- Price Targets In Unchartered Territory
- Why Hong Kong Has My Attention
- Are We Seeing Rotation or What?
- Interview With Technician Mark Arbeter
- Weekly Wrap Up With Dr. Phil
- This Pattern Has Been Working
- Can Gasoline Prices Rally From Here?
Archive by Year