A Great Day on Stocktwits
- Posted by JC Parets
- on January 17th, 2013
Trading floors don’t exist anymore. I don’t care what you see on TV. I’ve been to all of them and there’s no one there. The few people left are playing on their iPhones showing others how funny their recent tweet was or watching youtube videos about leprechauns. There’s no such thing as looking at your competition in the eye to see what’s going on. The camaraderie that comes along with hanging out with traders all day is also lost. The joking around and trading idea sharing is history.
That’s where Stocktwits comes in. The new trading floor, if you will. You can filter to see just who and what you want. And if you don’t like something or someone, ignoring is made simple. There’s no “block” button in real life unfortunately, but very easy to do on Stocktwits. Over the years I’ve met some brilliant and very cool people on the stream that I’ve later hung out with in the real world. It’s pretty awesome.
Thursday was a busy one for me. Much more tweet-filled than usual I think. So rather than writing a post about something I’m seeing out there, here’s a summary of what we were discussing throughout the day:
Another one in the books…
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- IBTimes Interview: Underneath The Surface
- Taking Advance/Decline Line A Step Further
- What To Get Your Chartist For The Holidays
- Weekends With Allstar and Pearlman
- Why Is It Always About What You’re Buying?
- Video: JC Parets Presents At Duke University
- The Three C’s of December Seasonality
- Investment Managers Are Leveraged Long
- Tom Fitzpatrick in NYC December 16th
- Weekends With Phil Pearlman & JC Parets
Archive by Year