Market New Highs & Bulls at New Lows
- Posted by JC Parets
- on April 11th, 2013
How can you not love sentiment?
I figured bullish sentiment would be off the charts once US Markets hit all-time highs. Boy was I wrong. The S&P500 finally broke through those historic levels, but the bulls are no where to be found, at least according to the recent AAII Survey. The Americian Association of Individual Investors polls the retail public weekly as to whether they are bullish, bearish or neutral over the next six months. So with new highs in the market, the recent polls are showing half as many bulls.
Here is the chart via Bespoke:
Here is this week’s data from AAII:
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) in 2008 and now actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice More
- Is JC Penney Setting Up For Another Leg Higher?
- Audio: Q&A on Benzinga Morning Show
- A Look At Energy On Multiple Timeframes
- Yahoo Runs Into Historic Overhead Supply
- Join Me On Benzinga’s PreMarket Prep Show 9/16 9AM ET
- Semiconductors Selloff After Failed Breakout
- Tesla Breaks Down From Traditionally Bullish Pennant
- A Multi-Timeframe Look At Mid-Caps
- Here are 4 of My Favorite Charts in the World
- IBM Likely to Break Higher Out of this Range
Archive by Year