Market New Highs & Bulls at New Lows
- Posted by JC Parets
- on April 11th, 2013
How can you not love sentiment?
I figured bullish sentiment would be off the charts once US Markets hit all-time highs. Boy was I wrong. The S&P500 finally broke through those historic levels, but the bulls are no where to be found, at least according to the recent AAII Survey. The Americian Association of Individual Investors polls the retail public weekly as to whether they are bullish, bearish or neutral over the next six months. So with new highs in the market, the recent polls are showing half as many bulls.
Here is the chart via Bespoke:
Here is this week’s data from AAII:
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- The Nifty 50 Hits All-time Highs, Now What?
- Thinking Out Loud In Mid-January
- Is Malaysia Where We Want To Be This Year?
- Wait For Your Pitch!
- ABC News: Home Builders Rally To Start 2015
- BNN Appearance: Crude Oil, Bonds and Homebuilders
- Will Real Estate Be The Big Winner In Q1?
- Bonds Continue To Outperform Stocks
- FOX Business: US Stocks & Crude Oil for 2015
- End Of The Year Special Offer
Archive by Year