Market New Highs & Bulls at New Lows
- Posted by JC Parets
- on April 11th, 2013
How can you not love sentiment?
I figured bullish sentiment would be off the charts once US Markets hit all-time highs. Boy was I wrong. The S&P500 finally broke through those historic levels, but the bulls are no where to be found, at least according to the recent AAII Survey. The Americian Association of Individual Investors polls the retail public weekly as to whether they are bullish, bearish or neutral over the next six months. So with new highs in the market, the recent polls are showing half as many bulls.
Here is the chart via Bespoke:
Here is this week’s data from AAII:
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- What I’m Waiting For To Buy Base Metals
- The Must Follow Podcast: JC Parets
- Long Crude Oil and Short Treasury Bonds?
- Fox Business: Time To Jump Into Russia?
- I Like Energy and Emerging Markets for Q2
- Audio: The Current Market Environment
- American Express Approaches Make or Break Point
- Benzinga Fintech Awards Gala April 8th
- BNN Appearance: Crude Oil, Transports & Google
- The Chart The Whole World Is Watching
Archive by Year