Is Aussie Dollar Ready To Rock?
- Posted by JC Parets
- on January 23rd, 2013
Take a look at the Australian Dollar vs the US Dollar. Nothing here tells me to be short Aussie, and everything is telling me to do the opposite. We don’t have a breakout to speak of just yet, but it certainly appears that one is coming. Let’s get right to the charts.
The first one is a monthly $AUDUSD bar chart showing a breakout above the 2008 resistance and a successful retest of that new found support in 2011 and then again in 2012. These retests took the form of a potential symmetrical triangle formation that would give us a measured move in Aussie up to 1.22 (17 point base 0.94 – 1.11 added to a 1.05 breakout).
Now, we certainly don’t know that this indeed is the breakout, but we’re really watching closely. Here are the weekly bars for the same chart. I think if it starts to take out 106.23, which represents the September highs, that would be some pretty solid confirmation of a continued uptrend:
Now to the downside, I would like to see it hold 104.6, or there is some more downside risk to 103 and even 101.50. Fortunately we have the ability to be patient with this one, because if we do breakout, I think there will be plenty of opportunity to jump on board. We don’t have to be the first ones in.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) in 2008 and now actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice More
- Thinking Out Loud Heading Into November
- S&P500 Seasonal Studies Combined
- I Like It Best When The Patterns Don’t Work
- Stocktoberfest 2014 October 26-28 Coronado
- The Relative Strength in Belgium and Switzerland Stands Out
- Video: Looking For Investing Opportunities Around the World
- Why America is the Best in the World?
- Webinar: Technical Analysis To Find Profitable Opportunities Around the World
- Was That A Failed Breakout in the US Dollar?
- Radio: Larry Kofsky & JC Parets from NYSE
Archive by Year