If this is the Gold Bottom, it’s Totally Random
- Posted by JC Parets
- on June 26th, 2013
When I look at the chart of gold, I ask myself like everyone else, “Is this the bottom?” And sure, no one knows for sure. But I’ll tell you this: if it is the bottom, it’s coming at a completely random level. So it’s not something I’d be betting on.
Here is a weekly bar chart of Gold futures. Look at the breakdown below this descending triangle that formed after the big April sell-off. The measured move of that pattern takes you lower. And the Fibonacci Retracements off the 2008 lows also take you lower.
So is this the bottom in precious metals? Possibly. But I really doubt it….
Those 1150s seem to be a logical area. We’ve seen support there in the past. And the measured moves from the recent triangle, as well as the big 2011-2013 topping pattern take you into that area. I personally would be much more interested down there.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Eagle Bay Capital Managed Assets
- They Hate Cotton Right Near Historic Support
- Financials Are Breaking Key Support On a Relative Basis
- The Problem That I See With Silver
- Words of Wisdom From Jim Rogers
- Watching Micro-caps to Gauge Risk-Appetite
- Here’s Why There Is A Trade In Corn
- Fox Business: S&P500 On Multiple Timeframes
- Which is the Best S&P Sector to be Overweight?
- Materials Look Attractive on a Relative Basis
Archive by Year