How Does Your World Look This Year?
- Posted by JC Parets
- on June 12th, 2013
I think people are starting to catch on that most of the world has been a disaster this year outside of the US, Japan, and maybe Europe. We’ve recently seen a 5% correction in the US and a 16% correction in Japan. But meanwhile, most of the world has just gone on to make lower lows. That rotation into the emerging and more commodity sensitive areas of the world just hasn’t occurred. They keep selling them.
Below is a year-to-date performance chart showing how bad it’s gotten this year in the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. We’ve seen some heavy selling out in the Pacific the last few weeks, and this is outside of Japan. Canada’s mining and commodities exposure has hurt them as well, keeping them in the negative for most of 2013:
So are the US and Japan starting to play catch-up to the rest of the world? Is money going to finally flow into these underperforming areas for the first time all year? Or are we just going to keep seeing this disconnect? What do you guys think?
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- Audio: Benzinga Morning Radio Show 5-21-15
- BNN Appearance: Agribusiness Stocks & US Dollars
- Agribusiness is My Favorite Base In The World
- Audio: Benzinga Morning Radio Show
- Here’s Why I like Shorting Disney Up here
- A Not So Happy Cinco De Mayo For the Mexico ETF
- One-Third Of the Year Is Over. Now What?
- What I’m Waiting For To Buy Base Metals
- The Must Follow Podcast: JC Parets
- Long Crude Oil and Short Treasury Bonds?
Archive by Year