Let’s Not Forget About Emerging Europe
- Posted by JC Parets
- on January 28th, 2013
As we watch the Germanys and Frances of the world break out to new highs, we wonder how some of the less developed countries are doing out there. Standard and Poors has an Emerging Europe Fund – $GUR with companies like Lukoil from Russia and Turkish Bank Garan. The concept is interesting but the chart is really what screams out.
We’re going on test #5 of this 44.5 – 45.5 level:
This is basically what Germany and France looked like in early December (see here). So it appears as though inevitably we should see a breakout. The question here is whether they’ve been lagging the others for good reason and will continue to do so? Or whether the emerging areas will be forced to play catch-up and begin to outperform?
Either way, it’s certainly an interesting chart pressing up against some important levels. This is something I don’t think we should ignore.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- What I’m Waiting For To Buy Base Metals
- The Must Follow Podcast: JC Parets
- Long Crude Oil and Short Treasury Bonds?
- Fox Business: Time To Jump Into Russia?
- I Like Energy and Emerging Markets for Q2
- Audio: The Current Market Environment
- American Express Approaches Make or Break Point
- Benzinga Fintech Awards Gala April 8th
- BNN Appearance: Crude Oil, Transports & Google
- The Chart The Whole World Is Watching
Archive by Year