Blind Leading the Blind: Morgan Stanley Downgrades Bank of America
- Posted by JC Parets
- on October 27th, 2011
Shares of Bank of America are soaring today on news of Morgan Stanley’s downgrade of $BAC to “Equal weight” from “Overweight”, whatever that means. You have to laugh at this kind of stuff right?
I suppose, that in theory, this is negative news for $BAC stock. When a stock can’t go down on bad news, I take it as good news.
I realize there is a ton of news coming out of Europe that has an impact on all stocks, not just Bank of America. But on news of the downgrade, $BAC is up over 7% as of this writing. This means that today, it is outperforming $XLF $WFC $USB $BK among many others. Underperforming, however, relative to Morgan Stanley ($MS) today, which is up 15%.
All joking aside, I have to take this action in Financials as constructive. Big Gap up today in $XLF out of this range. A little back & filling here is welcome.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Video: The Rise of Charting in Social Media
- YUM Brands & China Are 2 Different Things
- This Base in Cotton Looks Ready To Go
- Let’s Talk About “Sell in May and Go Away”
- About That Monster Base In Heating Oil
- Money Rotates Into Late Cycle Names
- Why Energy Is Better Than Technology
- Top 10 Most Ridiculous Names For Japanese Candlesticks
- MOO is Looking Beefy These Days
- Energy Looks Intriguing On A Relative Basis
Archive by Year