Are We Seeing Rotation or What?
- Posted by JC Parets
- on May 13th, 2013
This is a big topic of conversation these days. Everyone seems to be a rotationista. But we are indeed seeing it happen.
As was well documented, the defensive names had been leading this market throughout 2013. But look at what’s happened over the past month. During the most recent leg of this rally, the Utilities, Consumer Staples and Healthcare have all underperformed S&Ps. Meanwhile, it’s been Materials and Energy that have led the way. This is a chart showing the relative performance of each S&P sector going back to mid-April:
The Cyclicals have done their part all year and continue to do so. Cyclicals are now the 2nd best performing sector for the year, behind only Healthcare. I think this is a very good thing for markets. But outside of Cyclicals, let’s see if the continued rotation into these resource names keeps helping S&Ps grind higher.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) in 2008 and now actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice More
- The Relative Strength in Belgium and Switzerland Stands Out
- Video: Looking For Investing Opportunities Around the World
- Why America is the Best in the World?
- Webinar: Technical Analysis To Find Profitable Opportunities Around the World
- Was That A Failed Breakout in the US Dollar?
- Radio: Larry Kofsky & JC Parets from NYSE
- This Chart Still Suggests Buying Bonds and Selling Stocks
- Fox Business: US Stocks Are Heading Lower
- S&P500 Breaks the 2009 Uptrend Line
- The Bond Market Still Says: “Sell Stocks”
Archive by Year