US Dollar Index Testing Key Support
- Posted by JC Parets
- on February 1st, 2013
The Dollar is flirting with some dangerous levels here. This support right around 79 represents the potential neckline for a head & shoulders pattern that would confirm a continuation of the downtrend.
After rallying into last summer, the US Dollar got hit hard into September. Since then, it has been building this interesting, yet bearish, pattern that looks to be resolving to the downside.
Here is the chart of the US Dollar Index Futures:
The 2.5 point height of the pattern would give us a measured move down to about 76.5 upon completion. The Euro strength lately cannot be denied, and looking at this chart above it’s easy to see why.
We’ll certainly be watching this chart closely as US Equity markets tend to correlate negatively to the US Dollar. The 1 yr correlation is about -0.70 with the S&P500 and -0.70 for the quarter as well.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- BNN Appearance: Relative Strength in Coal Stocks
- This Coal Breakout Looks Like It’s For Real
- Register Now For Access To All Of Our Charts
- Rates Can Take A Long Time To Bottom
- Are Coal Stocks Poised for an Epic Breakout?
- Small Caps Act Poorly On a Relative Basis
- Bond Market Keeps Diverging With Stocks
- The Worst Possible Time to Own Gasoline
- Momentum Monday with Howard Lindzon
- FOX Business: Brazil Over Germany This Summer
Archive by Year