US Dollar Index Testing Key Support
- Posted by JC Parets
- on February 1st, 2013
The Dollar is flirting with some dangerous levels here. This support right around 79 represents the potential neckline for a head & shoulders pattern that would confirm a continuation of the downtrend.
After rallying into last summer, the US Dollar got hit hard into September. Since then, it has been building this interesting, yet bearish, pattern that looks to be resolving to the downside.
Here is the chart of the US Dollar Index Futures:
The 2.5 point height of the pattern would give us a measured move down to about 76.5 upon completion. The Euro strength lately cannot be denied, and looking at this chart above it’s easy to see why.
We’ll certainly be watching this chart closely as US Equity markets tend to correlate negatively to the US Dollar. The 1 yr correlation is about -0.70 with the S&P500 and -0.70 for the quarter as well.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- What To Get Your Chartist For The Holidays
- Weekends With Allstar and Pearlman
- Why Is It Always About What You’re Buying?
- Video: JC Parets Presents At Duke University
- The Three C’s of December Seasonality
- Investment Managers Are Leveraged Long
- Tom Fitzpatrick in NYC December 16th
- Weekends With Phil Pearlman & JC Parets
- The Difference Between Technician & Chartist
- Remember What This Is All About
Archive by Year