WSJ: How Does Sunday’s Outcome Affect Markets?
- Posted by JC Parets
- on January 30th, 2014
I was down in Times Square this week with Wall Street Journal’s Paul Vigna talking about the Super Bowl Indicator and Sunday’s stock market implications. It looks to me like a lose/lose situation as neither Denver or Seattle came from the NFL premerger.
I explain the history of this indicator and then we actually get serious about the market, as there is clearly no causation with this particular correlation. The statistics are pretty amazing though.
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He is a 10-year veteran and Market Technician who actively manages money incorporating Technical Analysis and Behavioral Finance into his practice. JC’s work has been featured regularly on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg, Business News Network, Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Finance among many other financial media outlets. More...
- These Are My Favorite Follows on Stocktwits
- Technical Analysis Only Looks At The Past….
- An Open Letter About Today’s Market Environment 11-24-15
- What Is The Value Line Index Telling Us?
- We Don’t Live In An Average World
- Flat 200 Day Moving Averages Create Headaches
- An Open Letter About Today’s Market Environment
- Why Airlines Are Ready For Another Leg Lower
- Is FANG This Cycle’s Four Horsemen?
- Why I Like To Feed The Ducks When I Can
Archive by Year