Relative Performance of Technology
- Posted by JC Parets
- on September 29th, 2011
This morning we discussed the recent relative strength of the Nasdaq100 vs S&P500. Meanwhile the Nasdaq has been underperforming the S&P all day today. The leaders in this space turned negative early as my buddy ZorTrades pointed out earlier (see here). $AAPL, $NFLX, $GOOG, $BIDU all down.
Since June, the Tech heavy index has been doing very well compared to the rest of the market. The guys over at Bespoke Investment Group nailed it with their chart of Technology’s Relative Strength compared with the struggling Industrials.
They go on to note that:
“Typically, the Technology sector is strongest during the fourth quarter, but this year the sector appears to have gotten a head start on its seasonally strong part of the year (that is until today at least).”
Full Disclosure: Nothing on this site should ever be considered to be advice, research or an invitation to buy or sell any securities, please see my Terms & Conditions page for a full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
J.C. Parets is the Founder & President of Eagle Bay Capital, LLC. He earned the Chartered Market Technician designation (CMT) and is a member of the Market Technicians Association. More
- Why Is It Always About What You’re Buying?
- Video: JC Parets Presents At Duke University
- The Three C’s of December Seasonality
- Investment Managers Are Leveraged Long
- Tom Fitzpatrick in NYC December 16th
- Weekends With Phil Pearlman & JC Parets
- The Difference Between Technician & Chartist
- Remember What This Is All About
- The Forest To Trees Approach
- Natural Gas Keeps Testing Key Resistance
Archive by Year